At Homeschool Toolbox we are committed to providing you with a safe, helpful, and informative website, without the worry of your personal information being misused.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://homeschooltoolbox.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Homeschool Toolbox and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Homeschool Toolbox or others.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We use Google Forms to collect names and email addresses when offering upgraded content in blog posts. This gives us the opportunity to continue to send out content to those people who signed up. This is always with permission and an option to unsubscribe.
How we protect your data
Homeschool Toolbox takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
What third parties we receive data from
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
The opinions and representation on Homeschool Toolbox are my own. I hold myself to high standards with the goal of providing interesting, helpful, honest and encouraging content while earning a small profit to compensate for time, research and site maintenance. HT is part of affiliate advertising programs. This means I may make a commission if you click and/or make a purchase on certain links from this site at no additional cost to you. The content of HT is a source of income and may be used to promote products/services/businesses that I personally use and that I feel confident will benefit my readers. I cannot be held responsible for anything on external websites that are linked to HT. In addition, Homeschool Toolbox is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. All opinions are my own and will be genuine.
As a member of this site, you understand and agree to the following.
- Homeschool Toolbox never share or sell your personal information.
- Any email correspondence comes from me.
- Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when engaging on HT, which third party advertising companies may use for retargeting purposes. This is easily turned off by changing your browser settings.
- General traffic information is used for statistics to improve site performance and customer engagement.
- Comments may be removed for any reason. HT courtesy is modeled and expected here.
- I am not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without my permission.